Our policy is to respect and protect the privacy of anyone who visits www.ledburycarpets.co.uk (the site). Ledbury Carpets uses all reasonable endeavours to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA).
This policy, together with our Terms and Conditions of Use, and any other documents referred to in them, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who is the Data Controller?
For the purposes of the DPA, the data controller is Ledbury Carpets, 10 the Old Wharf, Ledbury, Herefordshire HR81JQ
Information we collect from you
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on the site. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing for any services provided by us through the site (including updates) and when you report a problem with the site.
• If you contact us (by post, email or any other method), we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• Details of your visits to the site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
During your use of the site we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser types, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable. This means that while your user session will be logged, you will remain anonymous to us. Web Analytics tool Google Analytics is used on the site to gather statistical information about site usage. It identifies website trends without identifying individual visitors. Read more at http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
Use made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• to enable us to tailor the site to your particular interests;
• to ensure that the content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
We may also monitor user traffic on an aggregate basis in order to help us develop and improve the site for the benefit of all users. This data does not contain personal information. Please note in particular that statistical records are maintained of pages visited by users whether or not they have subscribed for any of our services.
• we have your consent to share the information;
• we respond to court orders or other legal processes;
• we are required by law to provide information to others or we (in good faith) believe that we are required to do so by any order of the Courts or other competent body or agency;
• we are required to do so for the protection or defence of rights or property or to protect the personal safety of the public at large; and
We will not otherwise sell or pass your personal data on to any third parties without first obtaining your consent.
You are advised that the Internet is not a secure medium. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that data transmitted electronically to the site or otherwise and stored by us is not accessed by unauthorised third parties in accordance with the requirements of the DPA. However, you accept the risk that data transmitted electronically to the site or otherwise may be intercepted before reaching the site or accessed from our data storage by third parties not authorised by us and may be exploited unlawfully by such unauthorised third parties.
Once we have received your information, we will use reasonable endeavours to keep your information confidential and store it on a secure server which is password protected and hidden behind a firewall from the outside world. Internal procedures cover the storage access and disclosures of your information.
The site has links to other websites which will have different privacy, trading and use policies and conditions and you should familiarise yourself with these policies before you use or submit any personal data to these websites.
For more information on the Data Protection Act, visit www.ico.gov.uk or call (UK) 01625 545745.